Email Us

Articles

Stockport Plaza and njo

Stockport Plaza - Auditorium. The below images show some of the lighting provided by njo Technology for the theatre and the foyer. Stockport Plaza - Replica Signs.    Customised LED illuminated Glass blade signs. Design based upon an original 1930’s unit. Each sign uses a Warm White LED strip mounted within the chrome tube to fire light through the glass blade highlighting the engraved text. Each blade sign is also fitted with an integral power supply unit concealed within the tube. Each sign is supplied with Ceiling hooks and suspension chain. The "Exit" and "Emergency Exit"...

Read more...

History of Stockport Plaza

  The Plaza was built in 1932 for a local cinema chain called Reed, Snape and Ward and was very similar in design to their flagship cinema, the Regal at Altrincham.   It was Stockport’s first “Super Cinema”, being of modern Art Deco design and equipped with a Café/Restaurant, Compton Cinema Organ, and an elaborate “Holophane” colour changing auditorium lighting system. During the heyday of cinemas there were 17 of them in Stockport, and the Plaza survived as a cinema until 1965, when it suffered dramatic falls in attendance in common with many other cinemas due to competition...

Read more...